Monday, December 14, 2009

Sacrifices

The past week of being a single parent with two kids got me thinking. A lot. At the end of 5 days I felt the, overwhelming at times, burden of a responsibility which urges me to give "my kids" the best. This is not so much concerned with worldly things as it is time, love, and attention. This week has made me feel proud, exhausted, lonely, frustrated, accomplished, caged, and elated. The life of a parent seems to be a true rollercoaster. One that I am not ready to truly ride. This also brings up the question of sacrificing my priorities. A hard pill to swallow on the idea and even more difficult to commit to doing. Seems, for the time being, I am still in the same boat. Lots of thoughts and so little time to express and discuss.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

saturday morning french toast, camera in hand at jr buffs basketball game, tooth fairy and santa claus...one day, someday.

David said...

what an amazing comment

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
natesmyth said...

for a second I thought you had kids. I just realized you has this blog. I shall be your audience.