Friday, December 11, 2009

Fatherhood

As a public service announcement to those who stumble across this blog, do not have sex until you are ready to be a parent. Being a parent when you are not truly ready to give up your desires, freedom, hobbies, and social life blows. Your children's joys become your joy. So before I go any further, I would like to thank my parents. They were perfect in every sense of the word when it came to my upbringing. Thankyou for all your sacrifices and all the times you gave us to Grandmother and Gramps. As children, we wished you needed a break more often.

From Wednesday to Sunday of this week the parents of the family for which I nanny are in San Francisco with their youngest son. Thus, I am left with the two oldest boys. I now know what it's like to be a working, single parent with desires for something greater in life. This job has taught me that I definitely want children, that I will be an excellent father someday down the road, that children must be taught to use manners and behave, and that family time is of utmost importance. Also, George Karl of the Denver Nuggets and I agree that shaking a baby is not an option. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yanpWXl9kRg NEVER.

So, it's been mustache-freezing cold in Boulder for the past week or two, which means inside activities. When I haven't been running my daddy daycare or selling shoes, I've been training at Movement quite a bit for some winter climbing at Hueco tanks State Park. I'm excited to say the least. Well, hopefully the moon, stars, and galaxies align and I get to have some off days in the upcoming months.

3 comments:

beccaclimbsrocks said...

firstly: hueco tanks?! so psyched you will be in attendance with the rest of us.

secondly: thank you for updating your blog.

thirdly: good public service announcement.
cant wait to see you!

Unknown said...

That George Karl video is freaking hilarious.

Dylan said...

Dave, great post. Sam and I will be in Bishop in January for a couple of weeks. I'll try to send the Swarm or something of equal importance for you. Well, maybe some 7's and 8's. Since your chastity belt has been put on, maybe you have some extra time to lay us down a tick list? CHEERS.